Majella has been successful in its nomination for two Catholic Education LEAD Awards – ‘Learning’ and ‘Engagement’. The Awards affirm the school’s efforts in drawing together staff, students and parents to ensure that Majella fulfils its edict to ‘transform lives’.
The strategic direction for Catholic Education in WA from 2014-2016 is encapsulated in the acronym LEAD – learning, engagement, accountability and discipleship. A way of rewarding excellence in our system is the “LEAD Awards for Excellence”.
At its simplest level LEAD is defined in the following terms:
- LEARNING is what we do – We are committed to learning at every level.
- ENGAGEMENT is essential – We are committed to Catholic Education’s mission through relationships with all.
- ACCOUNTABILITY is not optional – We have personal and collective responsibility for our system’s success.
- DISCIPLESHIP is our calling – We are committed to deepening our relationship with Jesus
The LEAD Awards endeavour to:
- Promote excellence in Catholic Education
- To help further embed the strategic direction of LEAD
- Encourage school communities and individuals to reflect on their achievements
- Share initiatives and best practice among school communities
- Increase understanding and awareness of the achievements of Catholic schools in WA.
All at Majella are so proud and excited!!!