Our vision is for Majella Catholic Primary School to be a just and inclusive community where the dignity and goodness of each person is respected.
Modelled on Jesus Christ and in the spirit of Mercy, Majella Catholic Primary School seeks to transform the lives of all its people.
At Majella we believe
- Staff members collaborate and support one another to reflect on teaching practice and strive to learn new and better approaches to actively promote success in learning.
Parents and Community
- Parents are the first educators of their children and learning is optimised when home and school work in partnership.
- Collaborative relationships among teachers, families and the wider community enhance learning outcomes for students.
- Positive relationships are the foundation for the efficacy of the school community.
- Respect, empathy and justice are pivotal to the relationships which exist between students, staff, families and the wider community.
- Successful teaching and learning occur when the student is valued as a whole person.
Learning and Teaching
- In a positive approach to learning and encourage it in others; we advance student learning based on our belief that all students have the capacity to learn.
- Effective teachers set high expectations for student learning, possess deep understandings of curriculum, use effective teaching methods to engage students and closely monitor individual student progress.
- In a stimulating resource-rich environment which promotes student ownership and independent learning.
- Effective use of space and time maximises this learning.
- Students flourish in a safe, enjoyable and challenging learning environment where there are clearly stated expectations and routines and where they are supported to take risks.
- We are all leaders who are accountable and aspire to connect, extend and challenge others.
- Designated leaders have a responsibility to drive vision and have ultimate accountability for all that happens within the school.